Friday, February 27

I made it

It is hot here, very very hot. Thankfully my room was air conditioned; although do not be deceived by that term. It certainly wasn't cool like we would expect in the US. It just wasn't as crazy hot as outside.

I was very very sick on the last plane ride. It was horrible. I cannot get sick again b/c there is no way I'll be able to ride my bike and deal with that.

Stepping off the plane into the Siem Reap international airpot was interesting. It was basically just one big room with 1 luggage thing. My friend lost her luggage (don't worry it will be here tonight), so we had to do some extra stuff. They took us into a little office to fill out paperwork, and I saw the oldest copier I think I've ever seen.

We took a tuk tuk back to our hotel. Our driver "jeff"was very friendly and talkative, although difficult to understand. At the hotel we had the longest check in ever. There was a lot of back and forth trying to figure out what everyone wanted. But at the end we were able to get a driver for today and made some plans to do some sightseeing.

We meet up with the group later this afternoon. This morning we are going to try and ride an elephant...I'll let you know how that goes.

It was so wonderful to wake up and check my e-mail to find all the wonderful messages of support. It is nice to know there is someone on the other side of the world who is thinking of you.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Have fun on the elephant! I have already talked to Bill today and keeping in touch so things are great back home. Have a blast!!

Sarah said...

Enjoy the summer in the middle of winter!! Crazy that it is that hot. Don't worry. Your body will adjust, and when you come home, you'll be cold! :-)