Monday, December 29

Back on the saddle

Today was my first day out on the real roads now that the snow and ice has finally melted. I was super excited about the chance to really ride, but I totally forgot about the post-freeze melt and mess. The sides of the roads were completely covered in best case scenario, gravel, worst case large trees that had fallen over. I basically needed a cyclo-cross bike for all the debris in my path. I decided to go to one of my old trusty roads where I could ride in the middle of the street without hesitation. As I was riding there I noticed the winds were extremely fierce; once I got there (my road being very open with no trees or anything to protect it) I was hit with hurricane like winds! I could barely move my pedals. And then as I started to go a different direction, my bike was being almost pushed off the roads by the wind. I could not go straight at all. It was insane. I would have loved to have a picture of the moment because I'm sure my face looked like I stuck my head out of the window of a moving car. It was really that bad. I just started laughing because it was so ridiculous. The good part of all this is I got a much better work out than I had been anticipating!

No comments: