Wednesday, February 3

How old am I?

I've mentioned to a few friends that starting about a year ago I cannot keep my age straight; I always think I'm older than I am. Well, apparently I'm not the only one. Bill relayed a conversation to me that he had with a friend at work. They somehow got on the topic of my age, and Bill mentioned I was 26. His friend was hugely surprised and said he thought I was Bill's age. I'm not sure what is worse-the fact that Bill actually got my age wrong! (I'm 25) or the fact that his friend apparently thinks I'm 34! I of course responded to Bill with "What? I'm not 26, I'm 25 and what the heck? Do I look like I'm 34?" Bill said he assumed his friend didn't actually remember his age, so was more or less guessing. But let me tell you there is no way Bill could pass for under 30, so no matter what his friend was thinking 30 or over. It would be one thing if he thought I was 27 or 28, but 9 years over my age?

By the way-I'm not bothered at all with getting older, but at the same time I'm not willing to lose any years of my life!

No comments: