Saturday, February 20

Finally!


Good news-we made an offer on a house and the offer was accepted! It has been a long journey, and we have pretty much look at everything from building to buying land to buying a house and every combination in between. As most of you know last June we fell in love with a development over in West Salem that I was completely sold on. When we made in offer back in January they didn't even budge on prices, so we decided to look at some other options before we officially decided (because up until that point we hadn't really looked at anything else!). As we looked nothing felt right. There were plenty of nice places that would work, but nothing I loved as much as the original plan. On Wednesday we went out for the last time--I was completely done with the searching, and we decided to go back to the development if we didn't see anything we liked. At first nothing was catching my eye, but on the last house we walked in and immediately loved it. For the first time since all of our searching I found a house we could truly live in. Bill felt exactly the same. We made an offer Friday morning, and Friday night they accepted with all our conditions, including putting in air conditioning and giving us the kitchen table. Although I'm a little disappointed that I won't get to build what I thought was a beautiful home, the benefits of this house make up for it (more yard, normal two car garage, flat neighborhood). Our closing date is not until the end of May, so we have plenty of time to pack and plan out the decorating--and obviously nothing is official until you close, but we are now under contract!

6 comments:

Trish said...

Congrats guys!! I think you made the best choice. I looked at the MLS and it's awesome!! Now we need to come and stay in it!

Jen said...

Congrats! I've been wondering all weekend if they accepted and forgot to ask you at church. I'm thrilled for you guys.

Prestwich Family said...

That's great! Now you can just relax, until you need to start packing that is!

Amy said...

hurrah! Congrats! Book Club at Becca's in June? ;-)

Amy said...

Whoo- hoo!!! so excited you will be living close to us! and, i am formally volunteering us to help on moving day :)

Fancy Nancy said...

Becca and Bill, this is so exciting! I am so glad that we will finally have some real Oregonian cousins. Now if we just got together more!!!