Thursday, August 27

Here it goes!

Hard to believe the summer has gone by so quickly, but what a way to end it. This weekend I will be running in the amazing Hood to Coast race. I have to admit, I'm actually looking forward to it! Yes I'm excited to run 17 miles up and mostly down the roads of OR with little sleep and a whole lot of other runners (one thing that has always petrified me). I must admit this is my first organized run ever, but what a way to start!

I have 3 legs in the race: Leg 1, 7.42 miles (rolling, and then lots of downhill), around 4:30 pm tomorrow; Leg 2, 4.14 miles (all uphill), around 2:30 am, Leg 3, 5.35 miles (down, down, down), around 11:30 on Sat. I know I'm ready. I know it will be fun. I also know it will kick my butt.

See ya on the other side!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Go Becca! You're going to have so much fun! I'm really jealous about the whole experience. Except for the running part, of course. I'm still burnt toast on that one. Good luck and I'll be thinking about you at 2:30 am while I'm sleeping soundly!