Saturday, October 6

On Spanish Immersion

LM on his Spanish immersion experience

Story 1:
"Mom, I think I'm turning Mexican."

"Really, why?"

"Well, I'm learning Spanish in school. And we eat Mexican food all the time. And now I'm all brown from being at the pool. If I get any browner I think I will be Mexican."

Story 2:
I was explaining to LM why learning Spanish will be such an asset to him when he is looking for jobs later in life. He got really excited.

"Oh yeah Mom! I can work at La Hacienda (local Mexican restaurant). And then I can eat there on my lunch break."

Not really the job opportunity I had in mind.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL! That is too cute! I remember Bryan saying a similar thing about his brown skin when he was around Will's age. Bryan gets so SO brown. If I remember correctly, he said, "Mom, I think I'm turning black."

Jen said...

Blogs need a "like" button. I have nothing to say except :)