Tuesday, June 30

Runnin' runnin', and runnin' runnin', and...

Thanks to a good friend of mine, I have the opportunity to run in Hood to Coast this year! I have always wanted to do it, but it is notoriously difficult to get in. And how do you really find 11 other people to do it with you? So I hooked up with my friend's friend's team :)

About the race: (info taken directly from here)

The largest running relay race in the world, and the mother of all relays, the Nike Hood to Coast Relay stretches 197 miles near the top of Oregon's majestic Mt. Hood down to the beautiful Pacific Ocean beach in Seaside, Oregon. The race sports about 12,000 runners annually.

There are 12 people on our team; we will each run 3 legs in the roughly 30 hour event. My legs total to almost 17 miles. I better start running!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Awesome! That is such a cool race. I'm sure you'll have a blast.