Thursday, April 2

Welcome home

Today I walked in the front door to be greeted with this:



For those of you who haven't heard, I put in my two weeks notice about, well, two weeks ago, and today was my last day at work. I'm left with bittersweet feelings as I remember my experiences the past few years and think of the ones to come. This isn't what I thought I would be doing right now, but I think it is the right thing to be doing. As you may be able to tell, my family is a little excited. They had a little celebration for me complete with cupcakes, banners, streamers, party hats, and balloons.

Needless to say, I don't think my friends at work were as excited. Here is a picture of some of the gang at my farewell lunch:

You can't tell from the picture but those girls are the sweetest most wonderful people ever. I've been through a lot with them, and I will miss them each dearly. Although I'm pretty sure we'll still see each other plenty! Thankfully I'll be staying on-call which means I can still work a little bit (and get my discount on the days I work!).

Today I didn't just say goodbye to my co-workers, but also some of my favorite customers. One even stopped by with this gorgeous cake! It was fun shopping with them one more time; although once again I'm guessing we'll stay in touch.
Overall it was a great way to leave.

No comments: